We recognise how important respite care can be for both the person being cared for and the carer. At WatersEdge, we offer residential respite care for older people and older people with dementia who:
- may need some extra support or emergency respite care
- may be coming out of hospital but not yet ready to go home
We are a specialist provider of care for people with complex dementias. Conscious of the acute pressure on budgets and the need to keep NHS beds free for acute patients, we are delighted to have developed this specialist support service for residents with short term needs.
Our service provides residential care in a homely setting where we encourage recovery and upskilling of residents prior to discharge. Using our trained staff and working with occupational health specialists and physiotherapists, we provide a range of support to our enablement residents. Our support helps to build their confidence, improve physical and motor skills and generally help them to feel able to move home or to a permanent placement without the need for further hospital admission.
Working with local Trusts, we have been providing enablement beds for elderly patients in a number of scenarios:
- Patients who are ready for discharge but are awaiting a full social services package to be put in place before going home (potentially being de-skilled by over staying in hospital)
- Patients who are on the road to full recovery but need some additional physiotherapy and/or occupational therapy support on a short term basis (not in an acute setting) to rebuild confidence and skills before going home
- Patients who require a long-term placement who can be cared for in an enablement health bed rather than block a badly needed NHS bed while their permanent placement is being finalised
If you are struggling to find enablement beds for elderly patients, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
We also provide residential, respite, nursing and palliative care for people with progressive neurological illnesses and dementias.